Watching a loved one’s quality of life diminish because of declining memory or other health conditions can be hard on family and friends. Make outings, casual visits, and daily routines meaningful and comfortable for all involved. Learn how to use art, music, and other creative activities to show life purpose.
• Assess you or your loved one’s personal needs and accommodations for outings
• Increase your skill in helping others understand how to help you or your loved one
• Identify and understand the meaning of universal signage and how to use accessibility options at restaurants, theaters, sporting & entertainment events
• Anticipate and prepare for navigating in the community and other public places
• Identify adaptive recreation activities and resources
Family caregivers, persons with physical disabilities, volunteers or staff interested in providing assistance to persons with disabilities for community outings or events
30 min - 1 hour based on venue and time availability