Being accepted and respected motivates people of all abilities to share ideas, participate in activities, and contribute to making your organization a great place to work, learn, and grow. Disability Inclusion programs dispel myths and misconceptions about disability. Increase your comfort in communicating and engaging with persons of all abilities and put a plan in place to enhance and sustain your company’s success to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
• Develop a welcoming work, school, or community environment
• Speak respectfully to persons with disabilities using Person First language
• Know how to provide assistance for persons with mobility, cognitive/memory, and sensory challenges
• Understand universal signage and how to provide accommodations in programs, events, and meetings
• Identify resources to support disability inclusion and participation