Being accepted and respected motivates people of all abilities to share ideas, participate in activities, and contribute to making your organization a great place to work, learn, and grow. The Valuing Differences program dispel myths and misconceptions about disability. Increase your comfort in communicating and engaging with persons of all abilities and put a plan in place to enhance and sustain your company’s success to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
• Develop a welcoming work, school, or community environment
• Speak respectfully to persons with disabilities using Person First language
• Know how to provide assistance for persons with mobility, cognitive/memory, and sensory challenges
• Understand universal signage and how to provide accommodations in programs, events, and meetings
• Identify resources to support disability inclusion and participation