Increase your understanding of Montessori principles and its relevance in dementia care. Discover effective approaches for person-centered care and meaningful activity. Learn how to apply these principles to ensure a safe and effective environment of care.
· Identify and understand Montessori principles and how these support engagement and inclusion.
· Identify ways to adapt and accommodate recreation activities according to individual needs and interests.
· Identify strategies and techniques to motivate participation and solicit support from others.
· Develop your ability to anticipate and prepare for personal needs and accommodations for community outings.
· Expand knowledge and skill for effective healthcare and family partnerships.
Family care partners, health professionals, and other persons interested in developing a proactive dementia care partner plan
1.5 to 2 hours based on venue and time availability